24 June 2008

Einstein says 2

“I have never looked upon ease and happiness as ends in themselves - such an ethical basis I call more proper for a herd of swine.”

“The ideals which have lighted me on my way and time after time given me new courage to face life cheerfully, have been Truth, Goodness, and Beauty.”

"A hundred times every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are based on the labors of others ."

"I want to know God's thoughts,..... the rest are details.."

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."

"Do not worry about your problems with mathematics, I assure you mine are far greater."

"Two things inspire me to awe -- the starry heavens above and the moral universe within."

"My life is a simple thing that would interest no one.

It is a known fact that I was born and that is all that is necessary."

"As far as I'm concerned, I prefer silent vice to ostentatious virtue."

"When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion

that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge."

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible."